Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tip From The Hearth: Chilly Grapes

Don't you just love frozen treats during the hot days  of summer? They can make you feel cool and refreshed on the stickiest of afternoons. Ice cream, popsicles, gelato, frozen yogurt, mmmmmm.... Who needs dinner?

If I could, I'd eat large quantities of ice cream every day. But when I'm of a mind to eat well and nourish my body, I reach for my stash of frozen grapes.

If you haven't already discovered this tip on your own, I urge you to try it for yourself. Grapes contain a lot of water. When frozen, their insides turn into a delicious juice sorbet. And, little round containers of fruity sorbet I can eat without a spoon? Right up my alley!

How To Freeze 'Em
1) Wash grapes and pat dry.
2) Lay out in a single layer on a freezer safe baking sheet or casserole dish.
3) Allow to freeze overnight and store in a container of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment