Simple to assemble, and easily keeps in your 'fridge for a week-- This salad has it all. Use it as a dip for chips, a zippy topping for your leafy greens, and more!
- 1 pound of cooked black beans
- 1 pound of cooked black eyed peas
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 pound of cooked corn
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
How To Make It
1) Combine sugar in a pot with oil and vinegar, and bring to a boil.
2) After dissolving the sugar, let the mixture cool.
3) Put the beans, black eyed peas, celery, onion, jalapeño and corn in a container that has a good tight lid and pour the liquid over it. Give it all a stir and put in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
4) Before serving, drain off as much needed and keep the unused salad in the oil mixture.
Note: Oil may solidify or get cloudy in the refrigerator. If this happens, simply set the on your counter and bring to room temperature before serving.