You've got a 'fridge full of summer produce but are running short on recipe ideas? This quick and easy soup is a great way to use up those veggies! A couple adjustments can easily make this a vegan-friendly soup as well, so rev up your stock pot and favorite chopping knife, and you'll have dinner done in less than an hour.
- kernels from four ears of corn, freshly sliced from the cob
- 1 green zucchini, pealed and chopped
- 1 yellow zucchini, pealed and chopped
- 3 small/medium potatoes (skins on), diced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
How To Cook It
1) Sauté zucchini in butter until softened. Add ginger and cook a little longer.
2) Add in corn, potatoes, salsa, broth, salt, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
3) Stir in the milk, cook 5 minutes longer, and serve!
Note: Vegan in the house? Use olive oil instead of butter and use an additional cup of broth instead of the milk.