|Simple Chocolate Ice Cream|
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 3 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
How To Make It
1) Ready your ice cream maker according to package instructions. Older units usually require rock salt and ice; modern ones tend to have double-walled bowls that must be placed in a freezer for 24-hours.
2) Place the cocoa and sugars in a medium mixing bowl; stir to combine.
3) Add the whole milk and use a hand mixer or immersion blender on low speed or whisk to combine until the cocoa and sugars are dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours, or overnight.
4) Turn your ice cream machine on; pour mixture into the machine let mix until thickened, typically 25 to 35 minutes with a modern ice cream maker (pay attention to your unit's instructions).
5) The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.