Sunday, March 27, 2011

Orange Julius

A old friend from high school recently asked if I had an Orange Julius recipe. No such luck. So, in hopes of finding one I scoured the web. It seemed like the majority trying to imitate the chain's "secret" recipe used frozen orange juice concentrate, instant vanilla pudding mix, non-dairy coffee creamer... that's not the kind of ingredient list I like to see when I'm preparing a treat. You can actually light non-dairy coffee creamer on fire. In case you didn't hear that folks, I said on fire. Sure most ingredients are carbon-based and will burn, but this stuff is a different kind of beast. You'll see what I mean if you click the link above.

Anyway, back to the recipe. This isn't a healthy treat, but the ingredients are fresh and basic. Greg tells me that it tastes like the real deal, and I agree. Enjoy in moderation!

Ingredients
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 5-10 ice cubes


How To Cook It
1) Pour all ingredients into a blender.
2) Blend and serve. This recipe makes three small drinks or a couple on the larger side.

No comments:

Post a Comment