Ever wondered what tastes better on tortellini than tomato sauce? Balsamic vinegar of course! This light dinner or lunch entree has a small ingredient list, but packs a delightful punch to the taste buds. You'll be making a quick and easy reduction of balsamic vinegar with a little butter and sugar to coat the tortellini. Delish!!
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- Spinach (about 8 ounces would easily be enough for four people)
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP sugar
How To Cook It
1) Pour the balsamic vinegar into a nonreactive pot (ex: stainless steel, enameled, ceramic, glass, etc.).
2) Start to heat the vinegar on your stove and stir in the sugar until blended.
3) Bring your vinegar mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to medium/medium-low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Stir in the butter, and continue to simmer on low heat for an additional 5 minutes or so.
5) Remove your reduction from the heat. The mixture will thicken a bit as it cools.
6) Meanwhile (while your balsamic is simmering away), cook your tortellini for about 6-8 minutes in boiling water.
7) Drain the tortellini (don't rinse it!) and return it to the pot you used to cook it.
8) Pour the balsamic reduction over the top and stir gently to evenly coat the tortellini.
9) Toss in the parmesan cheese throughout.
10) Spoon the warm pasta over a waiting pile of spinach.