You can't beat a hearty soup in the cool weather months! Enjoy this one with some freshly baked bread or rolls, and you've got yourself a meal. I wrote the recipe including higher fat ingredients like butter, cheese, and whole milk. These obviously aren't so great for your cholesterol, but sometimes you've got to cook with them if you want to make a meal that's over-the-top delicious. This one is, so enjoy!
- 8 medium red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and diced small (Skins on! They'll add a little color to your soup pot.)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium-large onion, diced
- 6 ribs celery, diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2-3 TBSP fresh parsley, minced or torn
How To Cook It
1) Melt butter in a pan and sauté celery, onions, and garlic until the onions are translucent. Add salt.
2) Meanwhile, heat your diced potatoes and vegetable broth to boiling in a stock pot.
3) Add your sautéed veggies to the pot, reduce heat, and simmer for about 15-30 minutes, until potatoes are soft and give easily to a fork.
4) Add cheese and milk. Simmer for a few minutes longer and stir in the parsley.