Thursday, June 23, 2011
Tip From The Hearth: Make Stromboli
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Prepare your pizza dough.
3) Using your hands and/or a rolling pin, roll the dough out on a rectangular cookie sheet until it looks like it would be ready to turn into a regular pizza.
4) Add your favorite toppings (think red sauce, cheese, broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, onions, meat for the omnivores if you're making a couple of these at a time, etc.). Use a little more sparingly than you would with pizza to avoid the a mess of stromboli filling on your baking sheet.
5) Roll up as you would a jelly roll (or a loaf of cinnamon bread) and pinch the ends together. Use a little water if the dough is difficult to stick together.Place seam down on your baking sheet.
6) Lightly brush the top of the stromboli with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a little bit of cheese.
7) Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until thoroughly browned.