Looking for a quick and easy lunch or dinner just for you? Whip this sandwich up in about 15 minutes. It's tasty layers will have you making extra the next time around.
- 1 thick slice of crusty bread, ideally from a bread boule or otherwise hearty loaf
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup grape/cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Cook It
1) Turn your oven to "broil" and set your bread slice (I used homemade herb bread) on a small oven-safe tray or a piece of foil.
2) Heat the olive oil in a small pan and begin sautéing garlic. Add spinach and toss in the oil and garlic. Cook until the spinach is slightly wilted, but still a nice bright green. Your garlic should just be starting to get a little color.
3) Time to layer! Evenly spread half of the spinach, oil, and garlic over the top of the bread, being careful not to drizzle too much oil in any one spot.
4) Put about half of the sliced tomatoes down.
5) The next layer should have half of each cheese and half of the parsley.
6) Repeat the layers again with the remaining ingredients: spinach and garlic, then tomatoes, then cheese and parsley.
7) Put your open face sandwich under the broiler for about 5 minutes, or until everything looks golden brown, bubbly, and delicious!