Thursday, August 30, 2012

Salsa Salad

I'm stoked for fall to get here. I've caught myself looking longingly at the sweaters in my closest and planning when I'll bake my first apple pie this season... lighting pumpkin-scented candles even!

But, it's going to be pushing ninety degrees in New York City this weekend. Labor Day Weekend is coming; let's send summer out with a bang!

Ingredients
  • one avocado, chopped
  • two large tomatoes, diced
  • one jar Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Tomato-less Salsa
  • one jalepeño, minced (add only if you want your salad to have a little extra "kick")
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups cooked or canned black beans (if using canned, be sure to drain and rinse)
  • 1/2 cup bell pepper (any color), diced
  • salt and pepper, to taste

To Make
  1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or container. Allow the salad to meld in your 'fridge for an hour or two. 
Does it get any easier than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment