What You'll Need
- root vegetables, chopped into small-medium bite size pieces
- Examples: Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Parsnips, etc.
- more vegetables, chopped small
- Examples: Carrots, Sweet Onions, Asparagus, Squash, Zucchini, etc.
- garlic, minced
- your favorite herbs and spices
- Examples: salt and pepper to taste, fresh or dried rosemary, sage, etc.
- olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, butter, etc.
- Heat up your grill!
- Layer a couple large pieces of foil as the bottom foundation of your bake.
- Fill the foil with your veggies of choice. When you're doing this, make like you're filling a burrito-- add too much and you will make your bake unwieldy when you go to move it to your grill.
- Add a little oil and/or dot with butter.
- Toss in your herbs and spices. Not sure what to add? The basic kosher salt and freshly ground pepper have never failed to disappoint!
- Close up the bake with another layer or two of foil, and pat into a rectangle.
- Put your foil packet on the grill. The cooking time will depend on how big you chopped your vegetables and how hot your barbecue is, but my time usually averages about 45 minutes.
- To test for doneness, tear a little whole in the top of the foil (watch out for steam!) and poke your biggest vegetable with a fork (just like poking a baked potato in the oven). If the fork comes in and out easily you are done!